maandag 30 maart 2009

Ryanair FR6241 Weeze (NRN) tot Edinburgh (EDI) 27 March 2009

My flight left at 09.50 AM SO I had to get up early and left home at 07.30 AM. Weeze airport is about a 40 minute drive but it can take longer if the roads are jammed up so I decided to go a bit early. I have tried to make as many pictures as possible and will write the report around these.

As some of you possibly know Weeze airport has been a English army base until recently. It can still be seen from the bunkers and barracks. The entry to the airport is the same gate which was used by the English.
Gate
Notice the Weeze CITY airport sign?:P This always makes me laugh.

This is a picture of the terminal building. I believe it was build only a couple of years ago. It looks quite new as well.


This airport is dominated by Ryanair, I believe only one other carrier flies on there and only to charter destinations. So the terminal is stuffed with Ryanair signs. the funny thing is that there is no Ryanair personel not even at teh check in desks. this is all done by a germany company called Serve2fly. the only real Ryanair staff are the FA's and Pilots.

Trying to discurage people from checking in at the airport. Offcourse you can weigh your bags for only 1 euro;). there are only 2 restaurants in the airport one before security and one after. and tehre is a little shop just after security but they carry only a few products.

Before I could go to security the Serve2Fly personel checked my boarding pass and weight my hand luggage, yes you read thet right, they weighed my hand luggage. Ryanair has a policy of only allowing the handluggage to weigh 10 kilograms. When they weight mine the thing stated beeping and I allmost fell over, it was to heavy, all 300 gramms of it. Luckaly the lady said let me threw but insisted that they would not be so kind at EDI.

Then came security.

Ofcourse they pulled my out for a secondary and they took me to a little room to test my laptop for traces of explosives. As they only have one of these bomb sniffers for laptops they only test a few passengers. After flying out of Weeze dossins of times it was my first experience of this device. They had a very up to date logbook which consisted of a small map with paper in it where they wrote some number in and then thanked me for my patience and wished me a pleasant flight she was really one of the niceced security womens I have ever dealt with.

After this new expereince I had about 30 minutes before my flight should started to board. I went swiftly threw the immigration and sat down on Ryanair's lovely gate seats.

After waiting for a few minutes the first GA appeared. As I have flown with Ryanair many times I knew I had to spring in action and rund down to the Priority lane I was there as second. I'm glad I did this as about 30 secons later there was a que to the end of the room. and the que for nomal boarding was even longer. What I feared became true, I was going to be on a full Ryanair flight.

I took this shot when I entered the boarding area.

First in line:D

Then began the boarding process not by a air shaft or bus, no by foot. It is a really great feeling of being able to walk on the tarmac and come so close to the aircraft.

Our bird

I boarded the plane and took place in row 3.

Crammed leg space on Ryanair.

What on earth is that on the back of the seat in front of me?
Ah well no worries it only costed a tenner.


The flight was really jam packed with people and was completely full. The flight lasted for about 1hour and 20 minutes. The captain came on a couple of times and updated us on the weather and time etc.

The FA's were as most on Ryanair all Polish or eastern european. There is nothing worng with that if they did speak proprt English. During the flight briefing everyone just started laughing as no-one could understand it:P. During the saftey demonstration they just played a tape.

The remainder of th flight was very uneventfull. Yes they tried to sell us loads of stuff but no-one cared. (Be a millionare with Ryanair, buy our scrage card and win 1 mil euros)


We landed on time. TADADADATUTU a tape played, Another ontime arrival by Ryanair. The world's most on time Airline.

Deplaining

We were braught to the terminal building by a bus and I was the first one to get threw immigration and headed for the Taxis.

More to come about Edinburgh and the return in the comming days.







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten