zaterdag 11 april 2009

Sheraton Edinburgh

Sheraton
The Sheraton Edinburgh

Took a taxi from the Novotel to the Sheraton to carry the bags. It's only a 10 minute walk but to much of a hassle to take all the bags. We were greeted by the doorman who took our bags and brought them to our rooms.

At check in we were in for a not so pleasant surprise. "I'm sorry sir but we have no upgrades available, as were are at a 100%". He did gave my a choice of Plat amenity's and I chose the 500 points. It went very fast and we were in no time in our room.

Hmm well the normal rooms should be okay as well. The rooms were okay but nothing special and they can do with a renovation as I think the last one was about 15 years ago. All the furniture had bits off and chips ff it. And the bathroom was very old as well.

Bedroom

Old school TV

Bathroom

As me and my dad needed internet access we went back to the reception. It costs 30 pounds for a whole week so that's not to bad. Now a really friendly woman was at the desk. When she saw our room numbers she looked at her pc and told us she was sorry she couldn't upgrade us but I'll look if anything is available tomorrow she said. Remember we were only there for internet access and didn't ask anything else so this is all form her. She told us to come back tomorrow and she'll make sure they had a upgraded room waiting for us in the afternoon.

She asked if we were already given the code for the Club room. As we didn't have it she printed one out. She really covered all the bases and was much more attentive than her male colleague.

The next day They only had one upgrade available so I said my dad could have it. He was upgraded to the Iona suite.






A really nice suite and very well maintained.

The club lounge was small but quite nice. it was only open from 7-9 am and 5-7 pm. I only went there in the afternoon as breakfast was to early for me. they did have a lounge attendant who made sure every one has something to drink. It can get quite crowded in the afternoon.

As Platinum guests we could check out at 4 pm without a problem. we made use of this as our flight back was only at 8pm. Checkout went as a breeze and I was glad I choose for the Sheraton.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten